The Doctors in Training (DiT) Committee reports to the Advisory Council and has functions including:
- receiving feedback from trainee medical officers about relevant safety and quality matters and to advocate to health services about trainee medical officer training, health and welfare issues,
- develop position statements and policies that support the education, training, health and welfare of student and trainee medical officers and
- provide comment on documents relating to trainee medical officer education, training and welfare.
The DiT Committee is comprised of vocational and prevocational trainee medical officers, interns and medical students and includes trainees from each different Local Health Network.
- Central Adelaide Local Health Network (CALHN): Dr Tom Crowhurst, Dr Karthik Venkataraman, Samantha Iannella, Richard Seglenieks
- Northern Adelaide Local Health Network (NALHN): Nick Stock, Candice Houda, Daniel White
- Southern Adelaide Local Health Network (SALHN): Katherine Watson, Kyra Sierakowski
- Women’s and Children’s Hospital (WCHN): Rasika Naidoo, Tara Naige
- General practice training: Dr Emma Knott
- University of Adelaide: James Johnston
- Flinders University: Anna Elias
View the recent activities of the DiT Committee here.
Intern guide – ‘Surviving the First Month of Internship’
The DiT Committee has developed an informative and practical guide to surviving your first month of internship and commencing your employment in the public health system. We think this will be a useful document for interns, especially during the busy and stressful first few weeks. View the Surviving the first month of internship guide.
Useful smartphone applications
View the DiT Committee’s list of useful smartphone applications.