A workshop for those interested in becoming an Accreditation Team Member
19 September 2018
6pm – 8pm
Education Development Centre, 4 Milner Street, Hindmarsh
Click here to Register Now
The South Australian Medical Education and Training (SA MET) unit will be holding an accreditation team workshop in September 2018. The workshop will focus on an accreditation site visit and has been designed to be an informative two hours encouraging group discussions.
The workshop will provide participants with the necessary skills to contribute to an accreditation process that will deliver real improvements to the trainee medical officer experience. Being a team member provides an opportunity to collaborate and work with colleagues and senior clinicians.
- Familiarity with the SA MET Accreditation Standards framework
- Ability to understand the roles and responsibilities of an accreditation team & accreditation team members
- Understanding the importance of confidentiality
- Determining and dealing with a potential risk or conflict of interest
- Understanding the purpose and functions of the Accreditation Committee
- Ability to conduct small group discussions (across various levels)
- Contribute in a pre-meeting, visit and post accreditation processes
- Ability to provide feedback, formulate provisos and review reports in line with findings
- The course is designed for medical practitioners or medical education officers/administrators who have not joined an Accreditation Team before.
- Participants will be asked to undertake an on-line training module (10 minutes) to familiarise themselves with SA MET’s accreditation processes and accreditation standards before the workshop.
There is no cost to participate. The workshop is fully catered.
For further information, contact Stacey Holst, Project Officer – Education and Accreditation, SA MET on 8226 6129 or HealthSAMETAccreditation@sa.gov.au.