A workshop for those interested in becoming an Accreditation Team Member
19 September 2018
6pm – 8pm
Education Development Centre, 4 Milner Street, Hindmarsh
Click here to Register Now
The South Australian Medical Education and Training (SA MET) unit will be holding an accreditation team workshop in September 2018. The workshop will focus on an accreditation site visit and has been designed to be an informative two hours encouraging group discussions.
The workshop will provide participants with the necessary skills to contribute to an accreditation process that will deliver real improvements to the trainee medical officer experience. Being a team member provides an opportunity to collaborate and work with colleagues and senior clinicians.
Intended Learning Outcomes
- Identify the SA MET Accreditation Standards
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of an accreditation team
- Recognise the importance of confidentiality
- Determine conflict of interest and potential risks associated with a visit
- Identify pre-meeting, visit and post accreditation processes
- Review accreditation reports and formulate provisos
- Identify the purpose and functions of the SA MET Health Advisory Accreditation Committee
- The course is designed for medical practitioners or medical education officers/administrators who have not joined an Accreditation Team before.
- Participants will be asked to undertake an on-line training module (10 minutes) to familiarise themselves with SA MET’s accreditation processes and accreditation standards before the workshop.
There is no cost to participate. The workshop is fully catered.
For further information, contact Stacey Holst, Project Officer – Education and Accreditation, SA MET on 8226 6129 or HealthSAMETAccreditation@sa.gov.au.