A workshop for developing skills to assist in building wellbeing and resilience.
Tuesday 18 September – This training is now full
Wednesday 14 November – click here to enrol
Wellbeing is our ability to feel good and function effectively but recent studies have found up to 70% of us report we spend most of our time between functioning and flailing (Rath, Harter & Harter, 2010). Resilience is our ability to leaning into rather than away from each moment before us (Reivich, 2002). In 1998 Professor Martin Seligman, then President of the American Psychology (also Thinker in Residence SA 2012-2013) suggested there should be a focus on building sustainable wellbeing. In 2011 Professor Seligman proposed a framework to cultivate wellbeing and resilience and this was the PERMA program and includes the key domains of Positive Emotion, Engagement, Relationships, Meaning and Accomplishment.
This single day training, has been developed by Michelle McQuaid, who received her Masters of Positive Psychology working with Professor Seligman from the University of Pennsylvania. SA MET have adapted the program to suit the health workplace and it will introduce skills and activities to build wellbeing and further develop levels of resilience for individuals and teams.
Learning Outcomes and Skill Development
At this program you will:
- Improve your performance and resilience at work by dialling up more heartfelt positivity and dialling down heart-straining negativity.
- Boost your confidence, engagement and energy at work by developing your strengths – those things you’re good at and enjoy doing
- Lower your levels of stress, improve your concentration and focus and advance your career by creating genuine connections with others. The pillar has been found to have the most impact on wellbeing.
- Heighten your motivation, commitment and sense of satisfaction at work by understanding how and what you do positively impacts others
- Move beyond your present limitations and towards your true potential by challenging your fears, igniting hope and cultivating grit.
Cost:$154 including GST. This one day workshop is fully catered.