The South Australian Medical Education and Training (SA MET) Unit, in conjunction with The Queen Elizabeth Hospital (TQEH), are offering South Australian prevocational Junior Medical Officers the opportunity to participate in a workshop to enable them to gain skills and build confidence in leadership and moving into the next stage of their career.
This workshop is designed to:
- Build your confidence to lead and care for staff – in particular junior doctors and medical students
- Enable participants to recognise key staff issues and manage appropriately
Learning outcomes and skill development
At this workshop you will learn skills to:
- Provide effective relevant constructive feedback
- Prepare and lead a team meeting
- Become a teacher and coach
- Utilise assertive communication
- Manage up and manage down
- Recognise issues of underperformance
- Deal with bullying/sexual harassment/disrespectful behaviours
Preparing to Lead sessions in 2017
Sessions for 2017 will be advised shortly.