The South Australian Medical Education and Training (SA MET) unit will be holding an accreditation team workshop in August 2017. The workshop will focus on an accreditation site visit and has been designed to be an informative two hours, encouraging group discussions.
The workshop will provide participants with the necessary skills to contribute in an accreditation process that will deliver real improvements to the trainee medical officer experience.
Date: Tuesday 29 August 2017
Time: 6.00pm to 8.00pm
Location: Education Development Centre, 4 Milner Street, Hindmarsh
- Familiarity with the SA MET Accreditation Standards framework
- Ability to understand the roles and responsibilities of an accreditation team
- Understanding the importance of confidentiality
- Determining and dealing with a potential risk or conflict of interest
- Understanding the purpose and functions of the Accreditation Committee
- Ability to conduct small group discussions (across various levels)
- Contribute in a pre-meeting, visit and post accreditation processes
- Ability to provide feedback, formulate provisos and review reports in line with findings.
- The course is designed for medical practitioners or medical education officers/administrators.
- Participants will be asked to undertake an on-line training module (10 minutes) to familiarise themselves with SA MET’s accreditation processes and accreditation standards before the workshop.
There is no cost to participate.
Please complete the registration form here.
For further information, contact Stacey Holst, Project Officer – Accreditation and Education, SA MET on 8226 6129 or email HealthSAMETAccreditation@sa.gov.au