The South Australian Medical Education and Training (SA MET) Health Advisory Council is calling for expressions of interest for an independent Chair of the Accreditation Committee. The successful applicant will sit as a member of the Advisory Council as well as Chair the Accreditation Committee.
The Accreditation Committee Chair position needs to be filled by an independent person with no conflict of interest with any SA Health facility. This ensures that the SA MET Advisory Council meets the criteria around independence as stipulated in Australian Medical Council’s Intern training – Domains for assessing accreditation authorities.
The Accreditation Committee provides a number of important functions to ensure prevocational trainee medical officers within South Australia receive high quality education, training and welfare support. The primary functions of the Accreditation Committee are to:
- Provide expert advice to the Advisory Council on matters relating to the accreditation of prevocational medical training.
- Undertake accreditation and monitoring of prevocational trainee medical officer posts, clinical units, facilities and Local Health Networks that support these posts using the current SA MET Accreditation Standards.
- Monitor and review the accreditation standards and processes ensuring relevance and effectiveness, includes support the implementation of the revised Australian Medical Council’s National Framework for Prevocational Medical Training.
Applicants should possess the following attributes and experience:
- Experience in adhering to policy and process
- Experience Chairing committees, including demonstrated leadership abilities
- An interest in medical education and training
- Sufficient time to attend all meetings, read meeting papers and approve relevant correspondence
For further information please click here.
To apply, please provide a cover letter responding to the detailed attributes and your CV to
Professor Kevin Forsyth, Chair, SA MET Health Advisory Council via healthSAMETaccreditation@sa.gov.au.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE Friday, 24 March 2023