Local Health Networks (LHNs) manage the delivery of public hospital services as well as community based health services, determined by the State Government.
LHNs consist of single or groups of public hospitals and have a geographical or functional connection.
South Australia’s LHNs
Under the Health Care Act 2008, there are 10 LHNs in South Australia that have been established as incorporated hospitals.
Local Health Networks with accredited Internship and PGY2+ positions include:
- Central Adelaide Local Health Network (CALHN)
- Flinders and Upper North Local Health Network (FUNLHN)
- Limestone Coast Local Health Network (LCLHN)
- Northern Adelaide Local Health Network (NALHN)
- Southern Adelaide Local Health Network (SALHN)
- Women’s and Children’s Health Network (WCHN)
- Mental Health Directorate
- Riverland Mallee Coorong Local Health Network (RMCLHN)