The South Australian Medical Education and Training (SA MET) Health Advisory Council is calling for expressions of interest for various positions of the Accreditation Committee, such as:
- Clinician/Term Supervisor (two positions)
- General Practitioner/Private Sector Clinician (one position)
- Director of Clinical Training (one position)
- Final year medical student (as an alternate member with the Trainee Medical Officer) (one position)
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Representative
The Accreditation Committee provides a number of important functions to ensure prevocational trainee medical officers within South Australia receive high quality education, training and welfare support. The primary functions of the Accreditation Committee are to:
- Provide expert advice to the Advisory Council on matters relating to the accreditation of prevocational medical training.
- Undertake accreditation and monitoring of prevocational trainee medical officer posts, clinical units, facilities and Local Health Networks that support these posts using the current SA MET Accreditation Standards.
- Monitor and review the accreditation standards and processes ensuring relevance and effectiveness, includes support the implementation of the revised Australian Medical Council’s National Framework for Prevocational Medical Training.
Further information about the positions can be found here.
To apply, please provide a cover letter responding to the detailed attributes and your CV to Dr Anthony Llewellyn, Chair SA MET Accreditation Committee via healthSAMETaccreditation@sa.gov.au by COB 31/01/2024.