Trainee in Difficulty: a Handbook for Directors of Clinical Training
Trainee in Difficulty – 2nd Edition (February 2014) is a practical handbook designed to help Directors of Clinical Training (DCTs) deal with postgraduate trainees who are experiencing difficulties. It provides many useful approaches and resources to support supervisors in the management of trainees in difficulty, thereby improving outcomes, including:
- How postgraduate trainees experiencing difficulties present.
- The range of underlying issues.
- Assessing the severity of the problem.
- Speaking to the postgraduate trainee and other key individuals.
- Formulating, implementing and reviewing an action plan to address identified issues.
View Trainee in Difficulty documentation templates here.
“Strengthening our clinical placement system”
Clinical education and placements are integral to the education of health professionals, facilitating the integration of theory and practice. Over the last decade in South Australia, there has been both increased demand for health services and a near doubling of South Australian university health science students. SA Health has developed a framework for governance and clarity regarding responsibility for the leadership, oversight, management and coordination of SA Health’s approach to clinical placements – Better Placed.
For more information, please visit the SA Health website page – Better Placed.