Local Health Networks (LHNs) manage the delivery of public hospital services as well as community based health services, determined by the State Government.
LHNs consist of single or groups of public hospitals and have a geographical or functional connection.
South Australia’s LHNs
Under the Health Care Act 2008, there are five LHNs in South Australia. These LHNs have been established as incorporated hospitals. These LHNs include:
- Central Adelaide Local Health Network
- Women’s and Children’s Health Network
- Northern Adelaide Local Health Network
- Southern Adelaide Local Health Network
- Country SA Local Health Network